Friday, October 11, 2013

PBL Project 13



Why This Age Group?

I picked Middle School students as my hypothetical students for this PBL project simply because it would be attention grabbing for these students because they are in the growing and maturing stage where they can be interested enough to complete the task and be mature enough to stay on a task that it spread over a set of 4 weeks. I felt that this would be the best age group to complete this project.

Why This Project?

I picked this project because I thought it would be interesting for the students to do. Since in my experience, during basketball season especially the playoffs, a lot of the students come in the classroom talking about the game held the night before. I think that all students can take a part in the project with some interest.

Why 4 Weeks?

I think 4 weeks was appropriate for this project because it would give the students enough time to watch enough games played by different teams. 4 weeks would not be too long of a time for the students to get unfocused or off track with the project and not too short of time for them to want more out of the project. It also gives them a start and finish time for the NBA playoffs so that they can watch not only for the project but for their own entertainment as well. I also think it gives the project closure, ending with the NBA Finals. Using the Buck Institute Project Calendar I have created a calendar of the project over a span of 4 weeks. This will help the students develop critical thinking skills for a real world situation. iCurio helped develop the lesson plans for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment