Sunday, November 24, 2013

Project #2: Final Report on PLN

Since my last Personal Learning Report, I have added a few more resources to my list of tiles. I have added iCurio. iCurio gives access to content of the curriculum to teachers, parents, and students. It provides examples for students to work on, content for parents to stay updated with, and engaging lessons for teachers to use in their classrooms. I have also added The Learning Network which is a blog done by the NYtimes about different topics in today's education. I chose this tile because I think it gives us teachers a way to comment and give our own opinion from experiences in our own classrooms. The next tile, Discovery Education gives access to resources for administrators, teachers, parents and students. I chose this tile because it would be a great tool for my classroom and for my students to use. At the beginning of the year, I can introduce Discovery Ed to the parents just to give them a resource that they can turn to when helping their children at home. The last tile I have added is TED talks. We have used TED talks a lot in EDM 310. I love the videos that are offered on this site. Recently I watched a video on bullying on TED talks and I loved it. Ted talks can be a great tool to use in the classroom for not only academics, but different social topics that arise in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment